- We will have a vigil downtown for earthquake victims at the Daley Plaza from 6 – 8 PM on Friday, May 8th,2015. Secretary of State Jesse White’s Office and HCG Marvin Brustin’s office are involved in planning it. Details will be finalized on Monday and we will then broadcast more information. Please save the date and plan to attend. Please wear something Nepali.
- Chicago Curry House Restaurant in the south Loop hosted a fundraiser for the Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund on Saturday, May 2nd from 11AM, to 3 PM. The entire proceeds from those attending was donated to the Earthquake Relief fund, $1,170 was collected.
- HCG Marvin Brustin and Aavegh(a non-profit 501 (c) (3) South Asian fusion dance troupe) in its support of earthquake relief efforts in Nepal invite you to participate at the south Asian cultural performance, “Tyaag” – means: “release”, “relinquish”, or “let go”
Date: Saturday, June 27, 2015
Time: 4:30:00 PM.
Venue: McAninch Arts Center, College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., (intersection of Fawell and Park Blvd)
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Ticket: $20 per person for general (open) seating and $50 for VIP seating. Ticket includes (about 90) minutes of cultural performances and parking. (Additional donations are accepted), Checks payable to: Aagegh. Over 700 people are expected to attend this benefit event. Proceeds from the cultural show will be donated to the Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund.
Aavegh Dance Troop, creatively embodies both South Asian and Western styles of dance in its stage shows, which explore the vast spectrum of emotions involved with “letting go” of that which one holds so dear. It will showcase a series of unique and moving performances taking audience members through the various emotions associated with “letting go” of things that one holds dear. “Tyaag” will bring together the different dance styles of south Asian classical, folk, ballet, modern, and contemporary dance to depict different experiences of releasing the past and moving forward. Each dance will be enhanced with original poetry authored by Aavegh members.
- Rogers Park Social, 6922 Glenwood Avenue, Chicago is hosting a fundraiser on May 4, 2015 from 5-8PM.
- The Secretary of State’s Asian American Council will hold a fundraiser for Earthquake relief on May 30.
- Regarding goods donations, it does not look like it is practical or advised to send goods to Nepal. We continue to recommend that a good system to handle these donations be implemented. We are in contact with an organization that will take almost all donations of our hands for a very small price and give us cash in return. They will even pick up large enough donations.
If sufficient volunteers agree to organize donations, pickups and other details, CNFS will enter into contractual agreements with the organization. Contact the core committee.
- Please sign this White House petition to support TPS for Nepal. We have 30 days to collect 100,000 signatures to get a response from the White House. Please share within your networks and make sure to sign it yourself.
- Donation update as of 06072015:
|Cash update from Committee||$31,553.18|
|Global Children Foundation||$27,500.00|
|Education Foundation of Nepal||$10,001.00|
Thank you for your generous donation for #NepalEarthquake. Please share this message to your family and friends.[button link=”https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=35F2XMCC2C6XA” type=”big” newwindow=”yes”] Please donate Nepal Earthquake Fund, Chicago, Illinois[/button]